I am a forklift driver transporting dangerous goods on a worksite, not on the road, do I need a D Endorsement?
Responsibilities of the Loader - (Refer Land Transport Rule: Dangerous Goods 2005 and subsequent amendments, 10.3) A person who loads a vehicle or freight container used to transport dangerous goods must ensure the following are carried out: 1) The condition of packaging, marking and labelling is checked for defects;
2) When required a load plan and/or Container or Vehicle Packing Certificate is prepared;
3) Any special loading instructions on documentation are complied with;
4) Mixed loads are segregated correctly;
5) The vehicle or freight container is placarded where necessary;
6) The load is secured in accordance with The Rule, Section 8.2(a);
7) That they have completed dangerous goods training appropriate to their role;
8) The documentation is passed the next person in the transport chain.
Do I need to renew my D Endorsement?
If you are transporting Dangerous Goods on the road or a worksite it is important to have proof of training and competency. If you leave it longer than 1 year from the expiry before renewing, you will need to sit the Beginners Course again.
Does this cover me for using Dangerous Goods?
It is important anyone using the dangerous goods is trained and competent on how to safely do so. This includes storing, handling, cleaning up spills, providing emergency services with the correct information and managing in the event of an emergency. This requires specific training to that Class of Dangerous Goods and an Approved Handlers Certificate is required to ensure the correct training procedures are in place. The Approved Handlers Certificate can be held by one or two key staff members who are on hand in the event of an emergency and can carry out full training. The D Endorsement can be used in conjunction with this for transporters such as forklift operators and truck drivers.
HAMILTON SPECIAL - 20% DISCOUNT FOR FEBRUARY TRAINING
ASWEFA Hamilton is up and running! Try them out! Use Voucher code FEBHAM20
Get top notch training at our Hamilton Facility in February and receive a 20% discount on all Forklift, WTR, D Endorsement and EWP courses!